Voynich Studio 2006
A few pictures of my studio gear and some information.
- On right hand side my Roland PAD 80 plus stand used to trigger samples and occasional basslines
- At the far back my Moog Slayer modded Poly 800 Mk1
- Modified Korg DW6000 to have 256 waveforms instead of the original 8
- Casio CZ3000
- Yamaha TG33 table-top vector synth
- My modified - extra oscillator - Yamaha CS-10 from 1978 - MIDIed up too!
- Yamaha CS-5 and Roland MSQ700 for vintage MIDI sequencing
- Cheetah MD16 drum machine and Cheetah SQ8 sequencer
- The Emu Drumulator - fantastic 8 bit sound with extra home made sound ROMs
- Roland EF-303 groove effects box for analogue style sequencing and effect grooviness
To the left are various SCSI hard drives, CD-ROMs and a Bernoulli Drives.
From top to bottom of left hand rack:
- Obligatory Akai CD3000i upgraded to 32MB of RAM which is double its official amount!
- The Emu Emulator IIIXP 32MB - wonderful clear sound - controlled using a Mac laptop
- The excellent Ensoniq EPS16+ - awesome onboard effects processor
- The rare Casio FZ-20m using a 44MB Bernoulli drive - 2MB data loads in 8 seconds!
From top to bottom of right hand rack:
- Rane SM82 mixer- great sound quality
- Zoom RFX2000 effects - nice and tweakable
- Freebass FB383 - for when acid sounds needed
- Evolution EVS-1 - overlooked and underrated source of unusual FM/LA/Analog type sounds
- Quark 999 MIDI link
- Behringer Virtualizer Pro - good effects
- Emu Morpheus - awesome Z-plane filters and morphing
- Audity 2000 - underrated and inspirational
- XRI systems 400 MIDI merger and Thru
- Roland D110 - OKish sounds no D50
- Yamaha TG55 - very good sounds in there - a bit 90s maybe
- Roland S330 - my 12 bit Fairlight - green screen monitor and mouse!
- 486 Monochrome Toshiba laptop with docking station housing a SCSI card and a proper Roland MPU-401 MIDI card used to transfer samples to the samplers using Sample Vision!
- Roland Juno 106 with matching MSQ-100 sequencer
- Korg DW8000 controlled by two Phil Rees C16 MIDI slider boxes
- Roland JX-10 with Colin Fraser upgrade ROM controlled by a Peavey PC1600
- Elka EM44 FM synth module
- Elka EM22 analogue synth module uses same CEM synth chip as Cheetah MS-6 and Oberheim Matrix 1000
- Behringer splitter/mixer for this sub-rack
- MAM RS3 triple resonant vactrol bandpass filters
- Peavey Spectrum Synth controlled by my Peavey PC1600 Midi fader box
- The Ensoniq Mirage - wonderful analog filters and 8 bit sound
- Roland S770 sampler shares the monitor and mouse of the S330 - beautifully clean sounding
To the right of this is my hi-fi monitoring system:
- Home made pre-amp, 2 x Samson 260 stereo power amps driven by Behringer Super X-Pro active crossover
- Feeding Musical Fidelity MC-2 Speakers with passive cross-over removed
- Philips CD960 CD player with Yamaha external 19" 1U DAC
- Manticore Mantra turntable and Rega RB300 arm with Audio Technica OC-5 Moving Coil Cartridge
Randy Goodrum's Linn 9000 fixed and now in my possession